First showcased at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
- MOBILE WORLD CONGRESS, BARCELONA – February , 2010 – Teligent Telecom, an industry leader in voicemail and advanced call handling , announced today the global availability of their Teligent Smart Call Router. The Smart Call Router is a new innovation capable of generating additional operator revenues, reducing operator costs and actively encourages the use of voicemail.
- Teligent Telecom is showcasing the Smart Call Router at Mobile World Congress, Feb. – , 2010 in the Sweden Pavilion in Hall ; stand F. Visiters to the stand can view Teligent’s next generation voice and messaging solutions for operators around the world.
- The Teligent Smart Call Router optimally routes and controls a call throughout the connection process. The system is therefore able to monitor the success of the call taking the appropriate action i.e. if the call is not answered or when the called user is busy; this is especially important when users are on ‘call roaming’ outside of their home country or network.
- This intelligent functionality can be provided as an integrated feature of the Teligent Voicemail system, one of the most competent Messaging systems on the market, or provided as a stand-alone system.
- With the new Teligent Smart Call Router, calls are intelligently routed and controlled, handling calls in such a manner that expensive roaming legs are avoided.
- When using ‘call roaming’ abroad, the inability to provide good support for call forwarding for businessmen, people on vacation or frequent travellers has always restricted mobile users from fully utilizing one of the most important services – voicemail: One of the most profitable mobile network services today. In fact, in many markets, the voicemail service is regarded as one of the top four best revenue-generating services (together with voice, SMS and Mobile Broadband). Unfortunately, the high costs associated with the combination of voicemail and international roaming has had a significant negative impact on voicemail services. The Teligent Smart Call Router now eliminates these barriers.
- In addition to forwarded calls, the same solution may also be effectively applied as an efficient mechanism for call routing e.g. to ensure lowest cost (least cost routing) or to ensure that calls to different companies are optimally routed depending on, for example, the location of the calling party, the called number, the time or type of day, opening hours, load sharing, recourse situation, etc.
New EU Regulation
The new EU regulation (EC No /2007) outlines that mobile users shall not have to pay for expensive roaming call legs while abroad. This new regulation lower the revenue for the mobile operators as the operators must bear the additional roaming costs.
About Teligent Telecom
Teligent Telecom is a global supplier of infrastructure solutions for Value Added Services to telecommunications operators. The offers include Converged Network Services, Next Generation Messaging, Enterprise Services, Mass Calling Systems and Real Time Charging Enablers. All solutions are based on the award winning Teligent P/E – a true single platform architecture for convergent service development, conforming to the GPP IP Multimedia Subsystems (IMS). Teligent Telecom’s solutions have been deployed in various configurations by a large number of leading operators worldwide, including BT, SingTel, SMART/PLDT, Telenor, TeliaSonera, Maroc Telecom, Verizon, Vodafone and Telekom Malaysia. For further information, please visit www.teligent.se.
For further information:
Fredrik Naslund, VP sales
Tel: + ()
Nikolas Georgii, Marketing director
Tel: + ()